Join us for DISRUPT.SYDNEY.14 on 26 September
After the resounding success of the inaugural DISRUPT.SYDNEY in 2013, this year’s event shapes up to be even more exciting and diverse. Under the theme “Living Disruption” DISRUPT.SYDNEY.14 offers two keynotes, a number of TED-style short talks, a panel discussion and hands-on workshops on various topics from innovation to social network analysis. Importantly, the event will offer many opportunities for networking and informal exchange.
Have a look at some of the impressions from last year’s event:
This year’s highlights will be:
- Keynote by Maria Ogneva, eminent expert in community building for employee and customer engagement
- Keynote by Tom Hajdu, CEO of Disrupter, on disruptive innovations in the entertainment industry
- A lot is being written about Digital Natives; 13 year old Mya Dellow will present her perspective on the educational value of the online gaming platform Minecraft.
- Is the Age of the Machines looming? Academy Award winner Mark Sagar will provide a hands-on experience with BabyX, a photo-realistic, intelligent infant avatar.
- Gamification offers many potentials for behaviour changes. Our panel of experts will discuss the potentials and risk of gamification with the audience.
- Social media permeates every aspect of daily life. Marc Smith from the Social Media Foundation will provide you with the practical knowledge of analysing social data in straight forward ways with freely available tools.
- Google Glass, Apple’s iWatch – many new wearable technologies make their way into the marketplace. Come and join the Ripple Effect Group team in a hands on design workshop to strategise about the use and potentials of wearable technologies.
Join us on 26 September for a day of exchange, discussions, learning, debate and disruption.